Imagine you are attending a party and your friend is looking stunning - perfect make up, dress and accessories. But... wait you stare towards her forehead and then you see her eyebrows and you are almost about to faint. The reason - well, her eyebrows totally resemble a bush! Okay, almost a bush. This was just to emphasize the fact that how important it is to keep your eyebrows in shape. They should not be too thin or thick and should be in way that they compliment our face. Take a look to know exactly how to pluck eyebrows to enhance your eye makeup.
How to Pluck Eyebrows at Home
The Supplies: Before you actually get on to plucking your eyebrows, you need to have a good pair of tweezers. If the tweezers break your hair or slide off, it is going to consume a lot of your time. Moreover, it is not going to give you desirable results.
Shape: Decide upon the shape of your eyebrows. See the normal curve of your eyebrows and what sort of a curve will suit your face. Check out some references in case you are confused. Read more on eyebrow shaping tips.
Trim: You would probably require to trim your eyebrows a little bit, before you pluck them off. For trimming them, brush your brows straight and if some of your hair is jutting out of your natural shape of the eyebrows, just trim them. In case your eyebrows are very bushy and thick, you need to get rid of that excess.
Wash Clean: Warm water helps relax the skin, making the removal of the hair follicle easier. So wash your face, wipe off and pat the face dry, which will get the face on your skin devoid of moisture for some time. How to pluck eyebrows becomes a lot more easier when you do that.
Actual Tweezing: We have come to the main part, tweezing of the brows. Here's how to do it.
- Take a white eyeliner and apply it on the hair which is undesirable and has to go, on both the eyebrows.
- Now hold the skin tight and taut and start removing the hair follicles forming the arch by holding tweezers close to the base of the hair.
- Pull the hair off in the direction in which it is growing.
- To make things easier for yourself, pull the large and dark hair follicles first.
- Then before you remove any more of the hair follicles off the eyebrow you started with, get the arch of the second brow done.
- While removing the hair follicles from the top of the brow, be cautious.
- Just pluck fine hair follicles outside the shape, starting with the first brow and then going on to the second.
- Now you have to work in the area between the brows. Thus, remove the hair from the middle of the eyebrows, which have to go.
- Now take pause and check out in the mirror as to whether your eyebrows are looking balanced or not.
- If you feel they are fine and look balanced, great. If not, you need to give the requisite finishing touches, removing the unwanted hair follicles.
- Once you do the fine tuning, take a close look in the mirror and pluck fine, light hair follicles.
- Finally, to end the session of how to pluck eyebrows perfectly, apply an aloe based lotion or gel, using a cotton swab.
Tips for Plucking Eyebrows
- Never dig the tweezers deep into the skin for grabbing short hair follicles. Let it grow and then pluck it off.
- A firm grip of the tweezers is necessary so that the procedure becomes less painful. For that wipe the tweezers' tips with alcohol periodically.
- Hold the skin as you would do while threading gently, which will lead to less pain and tugging on the skin.
- Apply a numbing spray on the eyebrows before you pluck them if you are skeptical about the pain.
- Plucking once a month, is good enough to keep the eyebrows in shape as in that case you can clearly know which hair follicle stays and which does not.
Eventually, go slow and do not pluck too much at a time! Just observe as to how drastically the appearance of your face changes! This is where I sign off! Have fun plucking your eyebrows!
Article Source: http://www.buzzle.com/articles/how-to-pluck-eyebrows.html