Eyebrows do not just frame the eyes but is also important for our facial expressions. It can bring about marked difference in the overall look of the face. Earlier, it was the women who used to shape their eyebrows in order to highlight the unique features of their eyes and make their eye makeup look good. However, today men are also aware of the importance of properly groomed eyebrow shapes.
Different Eyebrow Shapes
The golden rule you should follow while selecting the right type of eyebrow shape is that it must be as per the natural curve of your forehead. If you are interested to know about different eyebrow shapes for men, then I would like to tell you that round, angular and flat shaped eyebrows look good on men. Each of the different type of eyebrow shape have been explained below:
Angled Shaped Eyebrow: This shape has a striking appeal and is one of the best eyebrow shapes for round faces as it helps to make the face look slimmer. For this reason it even suits wide face cuts well. The eyebrow starts at the inner corner of the eye and moves upward and then it comes down making a steep dramatic slope and ends at the outer edge of the eye. Care should be taken while shaping the eyebrow as an extreme angular curve will give an angry expression to your face.
Curved Shaped Eyebrow: This can add a brighter expression to closely spaced eyes and are suitable for faces with sharp angular features. It helps to soften up the overall appearance. Basically, the shape of a curved eyebrow is the same as that of a half circle. The area of the upward slope and that of the downward slope should be proportional to each other.
Arched Shaped Eyebrow: An arch shaped brow has got a lot of similarity with the angled shaped eyebrow but the the edges are not so steep. The best part of arched shaped eyebrows are that it suits almost all types of faces. It forms an upward angle starting from the inner corner of the eye and ends with a gentle downward slope.
Flat Shaped Eyebrow: This is also known as low angled eyebrow shape. Here, the curve of the brow across its length is kept minimum. It appears to be almost like a straight line. If people with widely spaced eyes opt for this eyebrow shape their eyes will appear much closer. It also suits long and narrow facial shapes as the face will look much wider than it actually is.
Eyebrow Shaping Tips
You should know certain facts about shaping your eyes or else you may end up damaging them badly. Here are some valuable tips that will help you to get the right kind of eyebrow:
- Do not try to change the shape of the eyebrow completely. To get the perfect shape of the eyebrow it is important that the natural shape of your eyebrow be kept intact. You should know that you are born with an eyebrow shape which is perfect for your face. Rather make some minor changes here and there.
- Get a preview done before you opt for any particular shape of eyebrow. You can create a particular eyebrow shape for the purpose of preview by hiding the hair with the help of white eyeliner pencil.
- First of all, trim the extra long, floppy hair with an eyebrow scissors before shaping the eyebrows. If there is even one stray hair, it can spoil a perfectly done eyebrow shape.
- Always start shaping the eyebrows near the nose. When you are using tweezers make sure that you pull the extra hair growth in the direction in which they grow.
- Strictly avoid overdoing the eyebrow shaping. A thin pair of eyebrows will make give you a much older look. Moreover, you cannot correct an overdone eyebrow shape unless and until the hair grows back.
- Tweezing is considered as a better opting for shaping up eyebrows than waxing. This is because too much of waxing can change the direction of the eyebrow hair and the skin texture may also get affected. Read more on eyebrow shaping tips.
Properly done eyebrow shapes can have a huge impact on the overall personality of an individual. So, select the right kind of eyebrow shape and create it for yourself. If you are not confident enough to do it yourself, you can take the help of professionals in a beauty salons. Once you have got the shape done you can maintain it at home by just plucking up the extra hair growth.
Article Source: http://www.buzzle.com/articles/eyebrow-shapes.html