Your lips are the most sensitive part of your body and you need to keep them moisturized. The lips do not have any oil glands unlike the rest of the skin so they are more prone to drying and cracking. All women love to apply lipstick on their lips and some even consider their beauty regimen incomplete if they do not apply their favorite lip color. Lipsticks are available in a variety of textures and forms and you will be virtually spoilt for choice. There are some long wearing lipstick and lip stains available in the market that stays on for up to 8 hours without smudging. Unfortunately these lipsticks are more difficult to remove than the conventional variety and most of us do not bother to remove it before going to sleep. Here a lip makeup remover comes to the rescue and helps to effectively get rid of all traces of lip color from your lips.
Lip Makeup Remover Tips
There are many different types of makeup remover available in the market from all leading brands. Considering that the lips are very sensitive, waterproof makeup removers specifically meant for taking off lipsticks from lips are also available. Below we will discuss some tips for removing lip makeup.
- Although you can purchase good lip makeup remover from a departmental store, there are products in your kitchen that works just as well in removing lipsticks. Natural rose water is very effective as a lip makeup remover. Just dip a cotton ball in rose water and rub your lips in with this in a back and forth motion. Be careful to rub gently and you will see that the lipstick has come out in the cotton ball. You can keep the rose water chilled in the refrigerator for a refreshing effect.
- The best lip makeup remover that you can use to effectively remove lipstick is pure coconut oil or olive oil. Soak a cotton ball in coconut oil or olive oil and rub this on your lips until all the makeup has come off. Using coconut oil and olive oil as a lip makeup remover is a good option for women who might be allergic to certain ingredients in a conventional makeup remover. Moreover coconut oil as well as olive oil will keep your lips moisturized and will help to soften them.
- You can also apply a small amount of petroleum jelly on your lips and keep it on for a few minutes. Take a soft tissue and wipe your lips. You will find that the lipstick will come off very easily. You might like to know about homemade lip balm.
- In winter when your lips are chapped and the lipstick has bleed into the fine lines of your lips, it is very difficult and painful to remove lipstick. Dab a little cold cream in your lips and wipe it off with a moistened cotton ball for easy lipstick removal.
- If you use waterproof lipstick or long wearing lipstick, you might have a hard time removing it from your lips at the end of the day. Do not try to remove it by rubbing hard as this will end up injuring your lips. The best natural lip makeup remover for these kind of lipsticks is milk. Dip a cotton ball in cold milk and rub your lips in a circular motion. The milk will not only cleanse your lips must also keep them soft and conditioned.
Article Source: http://www.buzzle.com/articles/lip-makeup-remover.html