Your skin is sensitive to many conditions and sometimes its resistance power can even amaze you. Dry skin around mouth is a condition faced by many people. It can affect your self confidence as you become more conscious towards your looks at such times. In such condition you get chapped, cracked, scaly and dry flaky skin. It can also cause itching, redness and in worst cases it may also result in bleeding. People may get this condition occasionally or sometimes they have to face it regularly. It is caused due to many reasons.
Some Reasons or Causes for Dry Skin Around Mouth
1. Chapped Lips: Continuously licking the lips may result in dry skin around mouth. Due to licking of lips the naturally secreted fluids are wiped of with the saliva and hence results in cracked and chapped skin.
2. Seborrheic Dermatitis: Seborrheic Dermatitis is caused in the oily skins. Yeast present on the skin combines with the oil and causes this infection. It takes place due to the sudden change in the weather, excessive scratching and increased stress level.
3. Allergic Reactions: It is caused due to allergic reactions to fluoride or any other reason. Coming into contact with such allergens the skin becomes sensitive so, its necessary to find out the reason behind the allergic reaction.
4. Aging: Age can also be a factor for dry skin around mouth. Regular use of moisturizers and creams can help you get rid of aging.
5. Angular Chelitis: It is caused at the corner of the mouth. The skin dries to an extent that it results in splits or even bleeds while talking or opening the mouth. Ignorance in the treatment can result in yeast infection in the mouth.
6. Climatic Conditions: Dry skin become worse in the winter season due to less humidity. Oil glands secrete less amount of oil as compared to the body requirement and this results in dry skin.
All the above causes can be treated. You just have to follow some of the below mentioned suggestions that can help you get rid of dry skin around mouth. In case of worst conditions, it will be advisable to consult your doctor.
How to Get Rid of Dry Skin Around Mouth
- Water is considered as the best medicine to cure dry skin. At least drink 7 to 8 glasses of water every day to avoid such conditions. Water increases the moisture level of the skin and keeps it healthy.
- Have a nice sleep for at least 7 hours a day. This will maintain the balance of your body and will help you to relieve all stress and strain.
- Stop the usage of flavored lip balms and lipsticks. Prefer naturally flavored products.
- Regularly apply cocoa butter on the affected area. It will retain the moisture level and will help in healing fast.
- UV rays from the sun are also very effective in curing dry skin around mouth. They naturally secret skin moisturizers and prevents the skin from drying.
Article Source: http://www.buzzle.com/articles/dry-skin-around-mouth.html