Are you having recurring bad hair days? Is your hair always acting out? Are you fed up of trying different things to make your hair look nice? Have you thought of switching to an organic shampoo? Yes, your current shampoo could be one of those that is filled with many harsh chemical substances that probably harm your hair more than they protect it. They can make your hair dry, frizzy and unmanageable. Using an organic homemade shampoo can help your hair regain its lost shine and texture. And among these organic shampoos, castile soap shampoo is one of the easiest to make and one of the best ones to use. Read ahead to know how to make it and how you can benefit from this wonderful shampoo.
Castile Soap Shampoo Benefits
Listed below are some of the benefits of castile soap shampoo. Read them and I'm sure you'll switch shampoos right away.
- Castile soap shampoo suits almost any hair type. So, no matter if your hair is dry, oily, frizzy, etc. etc., you can use this shampoo to fix it.
- This shampoo is purely organic. Unlike other so called 'natural' shampoos, it does not use any chemical in any form. Not even lather forming agents.
- Since it has purely natural ingredients, there is little to no chance of it damaging your hair at all.
- It is very gentle on the hair, and works as a gentle potion for damaged hair treatment.
- Castile soap shampoo is also a good solution for those who suffer from scalp problems like dandruff.
- It acts as a wonderful cleansing agent.
- It softens rough and coarse hair that has become so due to the harmful chemicals in other shampoos.
- It is a completely biodegradable shampoo and so is not a hazard to the environment either.
- It is also a good hair moisturizing treatment for dry and frizzy hair.
- It is an inexpensive haircare option compared to the ridiculously overpriced chemical shampoos.
Basic castile soap ingredients are olive oil and/or essential oils. Given below are simple homemade shampoo recipes. Castile soap shampoo can be made from the solid as well as liquid castile soap. Instructions for making shampoo from both forms of the soap are given below.
Solid Castile Soap Shampoo
Read the instructions below to make a good castile soap shampoo from the castile soap bar.
- Take the castile soap bar and grate it into flakes/shreds. You can use a cheese grater or a vegetable peeler for this.
- Put the flakes into a bowl and pour hot water into it.
- If the soap does not dissolve soon, place it on a low flame and stir till it dissolves completely.
- Add vegetable glycerin.
- Add any of the essential oils that you want, according to the fragrance that you prefer.
- Pour this mixture into a jar and shake well.
- Your homemade castile shampoo is ready for use!
Give below is how you make castile soap shampoo from liquid castile soap.
- Mix equal amounts of liquid castile soap and water.
- Then, you have two options - either add herbs or essential oils.
- To add herbs, chop the herb of your choice (rosemary, lavender, etc.) finely and boil it on a low flame with water for half an hour. Leave this mixture overnight, strain in the morning and boil again till the quantity is reduced to about a quarter cup.
- Strain this using filter paper.
- Add this to the liquid castile soap and mix thoroughly.
- For the other option, all you have to do, is add the essential oils to the liquid castile soap bottle and shake well before use!
Article Source: http://www.buzzle.com/articles/castile-soap-shampoo.html