Sunday, June 20, 2010

wedding hairstyle



Like most of America, I was glued to the Emmy Awards last night. Perched under a blanket while my first cup of hot chocolate of the season kept me warm, I couldn't help but notice that the stars were practically melting under the hot California sun. Silly girls! You should have remembered my tips for summer hairstyles and saved yourself the drama of flyaways, flat curls and hairspray helmets! Who got it right and who didn't? I'll leave the decision up to you....

Leighton Meester's expression says it all. Her look probably started out with playful intentions but she should have borrowed a few bobby pins from her pal Blake Lively who looked gorgeous and understated (at least from the neck up.) Are those red sequins Blake? Well, at least they're Versace.
Drew Barrymore and Tina Fey are usually funny ladies but they took their style seriously last night and swept their hair up in totally tamed yet utterly romantic updos. I love Drew's Monique Lhuillier gown and Tina looks gorgeous in Gucci.


Elisabeth Moss made it work for me. I am especially digging her glistening bib necklace. Her costar however looks like she had a little trouble taming those curls. They work for us because well, everything works for Christina Hendricks but be warned. She's one more degree away from droopy curls and smudged eyeliner.

No comments:

Freelance Jobs